Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hope some one can help!!

Hope some one can help!!

I really hope some one can help!!

I have just started to use ACT Version 6

I have an online business and at the moment i am just using it to store customer addresses and email addresses so that i am able to do some mail shots.

That bits fine but i am having trouble recording a sale date.

For instance i may have a customer who i enter onto the database, they then buy from me again and i just wanted to record a sale date. I dont need to record a sales value and as its an online retail business there is no sales process ie telephone information records/notes etc!

The reason I would like to record a sales date is so that i can see when people buy and also when people repeat order from me i am able to generate a mailshot targeted to this audience.

I have just spent the afternoon looking at it and im sure its just a simple process but i just cant seem to work it out!!

Any help would be much appreciated.!!

Kind regards

Bronze Contributor

Re: Hope some one can help!!

Helen I would suggest there are 2 ways you can record this information

a) Not preferred - Use the Last Results field to record the sale information and you will find that this is automatically put into history with the date.

b) Preferred - Use Record History (Ctrl H) and in here you could record as a to-do and the details of the sale and again it will go into history.

The reason I suggest (b) is if you move to a later version all of the existing history will still be in the same place and there are then further options available.

Paul Buchtmann Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Re: Hope some one can help!!

Thank you so much Paul for your help! Kind regards Helen

Platinum Elite Contributor