Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hope some one can help!!

Hope some one can help!!

Hello!!

I really hope some one can help!!

I have just started to use ACT Version 6

I have an online business and at the moment i am just using it to store customer addresses and email addresses so that i am able to do some mail shots.

That bits fine but i am having trouble recording a sale date.

For instance i may have a customer who i enter onto the database, they then buy from me again and i just wanted to record a sale date. I dont need to record a sales value and as its an online retail business there is no sales process ie telephone information records/notes etc!

The reason I would like to record a sales date is so that i can see when people buy and also when people repeat order from me i am able to generate a mailshot targeted to this audience.

I have just spent the afternoon looking at it and im sure its just a simple process but i just cant seem to work it out!!

Any help would be much appreciated.!!

Kind regards

Helen

Bronze Contributor

Re: Hope some one can help!!

Helen I would suggest there are 2 ways you can record this information

a) Not preferred - Use the Last Results field to record the sale information and you will find that this is automatically put into history with the date.

b) Preferred - Use Record History (Ctrl H) and in here you could record as a to-do and the details of the sale and again it will go into history.

The reason I suggest (b) is if you move to a later version all of the existing history will still be in the same place and there are then further options available.

Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thank you so much Paul for your help! Kind regards Helen

Platinum Elite Contributor