Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Hiding Private Activities

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Hiding Private Activities

[ Edited ]

I am trying to find a way for users in our database to be able to schedule private activities without cluttering the main calendar.  I see that you can make activities as private but they still show up on everyone's calendar as a private activity.  Is there a way to have these only show up on that user's calendar?

Please help!

(I have ACT! 6.0)

Message Edited by chels573 on 04-25-2008 01:48 PM

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author chels573
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Hiding Private Activities

Sorry... I didn't see you were using ACT! 6.

This is not an option in ACT! 6.0. It is only available in later versions to use other activity types when scheduling activities

View solution in original post

All Replies

When you look at another user's calendar, it's important to see the times scheduled with Private activities in case you need to schedule for them

Thank you for your response but we do not schedule activities/appts for each other.  Other users want to remind themselves of doctor's appts, hair appts, ect.  We want them to be able to use the main calendar but do not want everyone to have to see the appts or that there is a private event. 

Is there a way to do that?

Thank you

If you don't schedule activities for each other and do not need to see another user's activities, you can use the filter to only show your own activities.

If viewing another user's activities it will show private activities.... however, if the users schedule all the activities as something like "Private Activity" (instead of call, meeting or to-do) you can filter out specific activity types

Thank you for your help!

In 6.0 how do I filter out private activities?  I only see a way to filter out call, meeting, and to-do.

Solution
Accepted by topic author chels573
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM

Sorry... I didn't see you were using ACT! 6.

This is not an option in ACT! 6.0. It is only available in later versions to use other activity types when scheduling activities

We have already purchased the new version and will be updating soon.  That will help speed the process up!

Thank you!