Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help with networking ACT 6 (2004)

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Help with networking ACT 6 (2004)

I have ACT 6 installed on one computer (call this computer A), as we have for a while. The database is stored on that machines My Documents (which is redirected to a network share on a server). I mounted that share as a mapped drive on the other i computer I just installed ACT 6 on (computer B).

On computer A I've added a 2nd user and assigned it to the records.After opening the database on B, there is no login prompt or anything and I am signed in as the original user. If i goto the administration to manage the users, it just shows the original user, not the one I added. There are also 2 less records indicated on the top left corner than what is shown in ACT on computer A.

Not sure where to go from here. The help files didnt stretch much further than adding users and changing the database location in preferences.

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author ryan461
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help with networking ACT 6 (2004)

All Replies

Was certainly helpful, thank you. When i log in as the second user, the database is about 6 entries smaller. I'm not too familiar with the software, so not sure if this is anything to worry about?
Solution
Accepted by topic author ryan461
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM