Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help exporting ACT 2000 to Outlook 2003

Help exporting ACT 2000 to Outlook 2003

I need to move all the data (contact info, calendar, etc) from my ACT 2000 program to Outlook 2003, and am lost as how to do this. I have tried everything I could find online, but with no luck.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

WS

Re: Help exporting ACT 2000 to Outlook 2003

Try the following knowledgebase article.

How to Export ACT! Contacts to Microsoft Outlook

Note: This process will not transfer notes, history, activities, and opportunities.

Has anyone ever found a way to export notes, history, activities and opportunites from ACT 2000 in any format? I have just purchased an upgrade license to ACT 2008 and its db migration utility won't import these either. We need some way to capture the opportunities especially.

You need to convert the database, not import.  Converting the database will include notes, history, activities, etc...

How to Convert an ACT! 3.x - 6.x Database to ACT! by Sage 2009 (11.0)

Converting the database yields an error "The insert statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint NOTE_CREATEUSERID_FK. The conflict..." This appears to be a corruption in the Notes section of the ACT2000 database, however I have run all the actdiag maintenance and the database is now reporting as clean. All indices are removed and reindexed and still the error. I can convert other smaller databases, so I think the process is correct but our corporate database does not convert.

I have seen this foreign key error reported by others but never a solution. So I was attempting to find a way to export the old database so I could clean the data by hand before importing. 

I've tried following the method above, as well as using Outlook's direct import from ACT functions.  Neither seems to work, without hanging.

If I do the recommended method above ( convert ACT contact dbase to *.cvs, then import into Outlook), it'll get about half-way through, then encounter a translation error that reads : "an erro occurred while importing or exporting and the process was terminated.  MAPI erro 0X80070057was reported.  Please try again later.

I've reinstalled ACT, reinstalled Outlook.  Made sure both are updated ( well, as much as possible with ACT 2000).  I've tried repairing the database, though it didn't seem to need it.