07-31-2008 03:43 PM
I need to move all the data (contact info, calendar, etc) from my ACT 2000 program to Outlook 2003, and am lost as how to do this. I have tried everything I could find online, but with no luck.
Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
08-07-2008 11:04 AM
Try the following knowledgebase article.
Note: This process will not transfer notes, history, activities, and opportunities.
01-21-2009 12:55 PM
Has anyone ever found a way to export notes, history, activities and opportunites from ACT 2000 in any format? I have just purchased an upgrade license to ACT 2008 and its db migration utility won't import these either. We need some way to capture the opportunities especially.
01-21-2009 01:28 PM
You need to convert the database, not import. Converting the database will include notes, history, activities, etc...
01-22-2009 11:14 AM
Converting the database yields an error "The insert statement conflicted with the FOREIGN KEY constraint NOTE_CREATEUSERID_FK. The conflict..." This appears to be a corruption in the Notes section of the ACT2000 database, however I have run all the actdiag maintenance and the database is now reporting as clean. All indices are removed and reindexed and still the error. I can convert other smaller databases, so I think the process is correct but our corporate database does not convert.
I have seen this foreign key error reported by others but never a solution. So I was attempting to find a way to export the old database so I could clean the data by hand before importing.
11-03-2011 02:53 PM
I've tried following the method above, as well as using Outlook's direct import from ACT functions. Neither seems to work, without hanging.
If I do the recommended method above ( convert ACT contact dbase to *.cvs, then import into Outlook), it'll get about half-way through, then encounter a translation error that reads : "an erro occurred while importing or exporting and the process was terminated. MAPI erro 0X80070057was reported. Please try again later.
I've reinstalled ACT, reinstalled Outlook. Made sure both are updated ( well, as much as possible with ACT 2000). I've tried repairing the database, though it didn't seem to need it.