Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help With Log Out Issues

Help With Log Out Issues

Hello-

I have ACT! networked with multiple licences-  Once in a blue moon I run into a problem where a user comes to me because they cannot log in due to more users accessing the database than we have licenses.  It seems that users who are actually not using the program are still showing up as logged in.  I have tried to lock the database to kick them out, however the Database will Lock without prompting this action, so it doesn't seem to think they're still logged in-  Yet, when I go and try to log in, it shows these users as still active on the database.  I've tried shutting down, rebooting etc to no avail-  Eventually, this error seems to resolve itself, and I am not really sure what I've done, if anything, to correct the issue. 

Any quick action I can take when this happens so I don't waste time trying to re-remember what to do if this happens again in a few months?

Thanks,

ARLO

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Help With Log Out Issues

You need to provide information about which version of the ACT! program that your are using.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Roy-

I'm using version 6.0-

ARLO

Platinum Elite Contributor

You have stuck users in the locking files. Try deleting the database file with the LCK extension.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129