Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Help For installing ACT Version 6

Highlighted

Help For installing ACT Version 6

I have to introduce ACT!6 so I can more readily work with two or three information bases to relocate them to ACT!10 ST. The customer moved and purchased new PCs. I introduced the preliminary rendition of ACT!6 on their new PCs. The 30 days are up. I eliminated ACT!6 and furthermore eliminated it from the vault as per the KB article. At the point when I reinstalled ACT!6, it despite everything gets that the path variant is left. Does anybody have a connect to ACT!6 or realize what to do to clean the library so it can't tell that the preliminary rendition is up? tinychat Omegle

thanks

Highlighted
Bronze Super Contributor

Re: Help For installing ACT Version 6

[ Edited ]

If ACT 6 is working on the old computer, then create a backup using the ACT backup program.  It should create a ZIP file I think, but that is many versions in the past.

Then, since the 30 day evaluation has elapsed, the cleanest way to reinstall Version 6 is to do a complete reformat and rebuild of the new computer.  That will wipe out the hidden files that says you have exceeded the 30 days.  Make sure you install all Windows updates on the new computer before proceeding.

If the user is using Microsoft Office, then install Office first followed by ACT.

You will then restore the ZIP file using the option of "RESTORE AS" giving the db a new name.

You said the license expired after 30 days.  Does the user not have the license key?  If you don't have the license key, that presents a whole new set of problems if ACT Support can't help.

John Purdy
ACT! Premium V. 22.1.212.0 Update 4
HP ENVY 17m, 16GB, & Office 365, 32bit, 500GB SSD.
ACT CRM Advisor