Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Having a major layout problem!

Having a major layout problem!

I am using ACT 6.0,  which was working fine this morning.  When I logged back in this afternoon, the layout had changed. I was unable to choose my layout in the bottom right corner.  It only states "unknown layout".  Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Having a major layout problem!

Sorry to bump my own thread.  I'm just really in need of some assistance.   TIA for any help.
Nickel Super Contributor

If the layout has been corrupted you will need to restore form backup

Tom
Nickel Super Contributor

Also, take a look at this knowledge base article. There is a possibilty that the path to the layout directory is no longer valid in preferences.

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=11830
Bronze Contributor

Have you checked to see if something got messed with in regards to your preference setting.   Go to Edit - Preferences - Startup - Layout.  Is it pointing to the right one?  Also, make sure your file system hasn't changed the paths for some reason.  Again, under Edit Preferences on the General tab, you can look at the File Location section and see where the layouts live.  Then under Windows Explorer make sure the layout you are looking for is in that folder.

Patricia Egen
Certified ACT! Consultant, Trainer, Developer
www.egenconsulting.com
(423) 875-2652

Follow us on:

Visit our Popular ACT Wizards Page Wizards Here!