Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

HTML problem sending email

HTML problem sending email

When I send an email in HTML using ACT 6.0, sometimes the recipient receives ASCII.  No problem when I send in plain text.  It only happens with a few particular people, but for those people, it happens all the time.  Any ideas how to fix it?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: HTML problem sending email

What email client are you connecting with ACT!?

Is this a template or a single email?

it's a single email.  It has happened with several different clients, and consistently with those clients. But with lots of clients, it doesn't happen at all.

What email system do you use with ACT!?

Outlook, Outlook Express, Internet Mail, Eudora, Notes, etc?

Do you know what email client the users have?

Outlook Express

The Outlook Express connection for ACT! 6.0 doesn't send in HTML... it never did.

See this ACT! Knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/6emzbm

I'm confused.  I know when setting up the email under "preferences" that it offers the choice of plain or HTML.  I chose HTML, so all of my emails go out in HTML.  Unfortunately, a few clients tell me (only recently, and I've used ACT 6.0 for years), that they are getting "chinese", which I believe is ASCII.  For those clients, I re-send the email, and convert it prior to sending into plain text.  For the vast majority of clients, there is no problem.

"Chinese" isn't ASCII... not sure what might cause that... but I can tell you OE can't send HTML from a third party product. For that, you need Outlook or ACT!'s Internet Mail.

oops - that's what I use - "Internet Mail".  I said Outlook Express because I'm told that ACT sits on top of Outlook Express.

You can use ACT! to Internet Mail or ACT! to Outlook Express. Check in your Preferences for the email settings.