Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Getting backup database from older version ACT into 2009 version; Complicated details to follow!

Getting backup database from older version ACT into 2009 version; Complicated details to follow!

At one time I had ACT 2000 loaded into my computer with many contacts in a database.  I had to get a new computer and had my ACT database backed up onto cd discs.  I used a backup program from the old computer called NERO to backup the database.

On my new computer I now have ACT 2009 and I want to recover the database from ACT 2000 on the old compuer and have it load onto the new computer with ACT 2009.  I don't know how to do this.  This computer no longer has the program NERO on it.  Every time I load the backup cd disc with my database info on it to the new computer and follow the promps I get error messages saying the computer can't find the program to open these files. 

Is there anyway to recover the database from these discs and load it into my current ACT version?

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks.

jp

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Getting backup database from older version ACT into 2009 version; Complicated details to follow!

Re: Getting backup database from older version ACT into 2009 version; Complicated details to follow!

Mike,

Thanks for responding.  The file extension is .nco

jp

Platinum Elite Contributor

Then you will need to get a copy of Nero to extract the files from it's backup before you can go any further.

However, I did a search and it appears that not all the current versions support nco any more. You'll want to look for a download that does or use Nero BackItUp Restore to convert to a current format

Then you can convert the ACT! 2000 database as per:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/01/tips-for-converting-act-60-or-earlier.html