Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Frustrated new user

Frustrated new user

Hi I am very new to using ACT version 6 and have a number of queries, the first one though is the most frustrating.  I add a new contact by using the contacts page - where all the boxes are displayed on the screen, however at the end of the session when I review the contacts in a list I have many blank lines at the top - clearly I am doing something wrong although all my new records are there.  Help ! Also why when I enter a phone number for outside of hte UK does it not assume that all the numbers on that page will be from the same country, so I dont have to keep selecting the dialling code - am I making sense ?

Copper Contributor

Re: Frustrated new user

looks like you created lots aof blank contacts.  just go the the blank contact and hit CTRL  DEL  and delete each blank contact.

Any idea how I am creating the blank ones ??  I know that sounds daft - but it seems that for every new record I create I get a blank one - happy to delete all the blank lines, but wanted to understand how I am getting them in the first place.  I am sure its a great system - but hard to get my head around - or maybe its my age !!!
Copper Contributor

No idea but you are obviously creating them.  Might be a good idea to read the manual or click help on how to create new contatcts.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Every-time you you choose the menu choice for create a new contact a blank record is created in the database. If you don't fill it out, it remains as a blank record. Also pressing the insert key on the contact page inserts a blank contact record.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129