Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field is missing

Field is missing

I have a field that I have used for almost a year now. The field has data and has been used for a while. At some point over the weekend it disappeard. I can see the field in the design layout. It shows in the Define fields. But is not there anymore in the normal database. I use this field to determine how often a client should be mailed info so it is important. I do not want to have to rebuild it.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Field is missing

If you can see it in the layout and in define fields, what do you mean it isn't there?

You might try removing it from the layout and re-adding it

Well I mean I have field. It is a drop down field. It has been in use for over 1 year now. Friday I pulled a 3 reports sorting using that as the main field to sort from.

Monday - I am explaining the system to someone and notice the field missing. I check someone else's computer. Field missing. No one in my office would even begin to know how to remove a field.

I have everyone exit that particular database and begin to examine where the field is.

1. Go to Define Fields: Field shows drop downs are unchanged. Save exit completely Still no field.

2. In tools I go to Design Layout: Field shows up. It is exactly as it should be. Get excited and save.

Field is gone.

It doesn't show unless I click Design Layout. When I save it disappears.

I can sort and I have lost no information for the field but it doesn't show in the normal ACT layout.

I have another field that does this as well but I do not use that field.

We are all running

XP SP3

Act 6.0

As I have said I do not want to rebuild the field and have to repopulate over 1,000 different customers.

Is the database setup for synchronization?

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Seems not to be.

Deleted by remote user.

Last Sychronized grayed out.

Also when I click on the deleted by remote user, I get a box that looks like I should be able to select something lke a field. But there is nothing to select.

The field ID number for the field got changed. This typically was caused by an improper synchronization setup or making field changes to an established synchronization setup.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Appreciate the response.

What does this mean in a more in depth description?

How do I change it back?

What do I need to do in order to keep this from happening again?

I am assuming I will need to turn something on but what are the steps?

Thanks for the help!

What it means is that you have database problms that can't be fixed without direct troubleshooting. Then setup and operation changes need to be made to prevent it happening again.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129