Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Field in Act cannot be found!

Highlighted

Field in Act cannot be found!

I have created a field "E-Mail Address" and it is used on my ACT database. I have tried to Export some data but it does not find this field, it is also not available in the "Define" fields section. Please Help
Highlighted
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Field in Act cannot be found!

The E-mail "field" that you see in the layout is not a field in the main database table but rather a portal to the separate E-mail table. That is why E-mail is not available as a data type and why you can't sort by e-mail address or use E-mail in the duplicate checking. The E-mail table can hold more than one E-mail address for a user but only the default address can be used for addressing an e-mail message

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
Highlighted

My database was running just fine until today when ACT crashes everytime I try to enter an e-mail address into an existing or new record. I tried to look up the e-mail field to check its definition but could not see it on the field list. 
Highlighted

The E-mail "field" that you see in the layout is not a field in the main database table but rather a portal to the separate E-mail table. That is why E-mail is not available as a data type and why you can't sort by e-mail address or use E-mail in the duplicate checking. The E-mail table can hold more than one E-mail address for a user but only the default address can be used for addressing an e-mail message.

Try running database maintenance but you may have a damaged database. 

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted

Found this string on the e-mail address problem and seems like it ties into my issue.  I want to find all the emails for .EDU clients, but when I choose look-up, by example, the email field is grayed out - I can't access it.  If the E-mail Address field is not an actual field like the other (it's not in define field list, etc) then how can I do an email lookup? 

New to the group, any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Highlighted

In ACT! 6, you can't. In ACT! 2010 you can.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
Highlighted

Is there a way to copy the content of the E-mail address field to another field?
Highlighted

Not in ACT! 6.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert