Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Failed to connect to word processer - the word processer driver is not running.

Failed to connect to word processer - the word processer driver is not running.

I use MS XP and have used ACT 6 for quite a while until recently when I now get this message "Failed to connect to word processer - the word processer driver is not running".  It does not matter if I change word processing preferences to MS Word or ACT word processing.  As a solution, I deleted ACT 6 entirely, restarted my computer, down-loaded ACT 6 again.  But I still get this error message.  How can I get ACT to shake hands with MS Word?
Tuned Listener

Re: Failed to connect to word processer - the word processer driver is not running.

Not sure what version of word your using but there is a hotfix for word in the download section, you might want to make sure you have that installed.

Re: Failed to connect to word processer - the word processer driver is not running.

Where do I find the hotfix?
Platinum Elite Contributor

There is a link to a KB on that error from this ACT! knowledge Base article - http://tinyurl.com/2flxqn

Unfortunately, it comes up with an error saying it requires login to access it.

Maybe one of the moderators can get that KB info and either fix the KB or post the content

----

The Hotfix for ACT! 6.03 to work with Word 2003 is described here - http://tinyurl.com/yppnsh

I have got permission from Amanda at Sage support to pass on a copy of an old KB article that I have a copy of to deal with this

Please note, that because this document involves some sophisticated registry changes that some users had problems with, it was pulled from the KB and they don't want me to post it to the forum. However, I have been told I can provide a link to a copy I've posted on a site of mine privately as long as I warn users it's not supported.

Any user who wishes to get a link to this document, please send me a Private Message in this forum and I'll reply with the link
PT

Hi, please send me the article.

Rgds

PT