Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Exporting from ACT! 2000, again...

Exporting from ACT! 2000, again...

Over the years I've tried to upgrade to ACT! 6, 2006, and 2011 without luck.  I've always gone back to ACT! 2000.  The problem is that I've never been able to get every last bit of information out of 2000.  I've suffered with the limitations - specifically in email - but I really need to get off 2000. I'm otherwise completely satisfied with 2000, even on Windows 7 64-bit.  Email is just horrendous.

Is there any way that I can reliably get all of the information out of 2000?  I'm most concerned with the contacts, their group memberships, custom fields, attachments, notes, history, and email (I guess that's just about everything anyway). 

In the end, I need a self contained contact management solution with a robust email client built in.  I don't want to connect with Outlook because I like to keep business and personal completely separate.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Exporting from ACT! 2000, again...

You wouldn't export from ACT! 2000, you would simply open the ACT! 2000 database with the later version and convert the database.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Exporting from ACT! 2000, again...

I guess I wasn't clear in my first post.  I've attempted all methods to upgrade, migrate, move to Act 6, 2006, 2011 including hours on the phone with ACT support with no success.  What I need is a better way to move the data. 

The notion that one can "simply open the ACT! 2000 database with the later version and convert the database" is a gross over simplification of what it actually takes to perform the move of everything involved.  The database alone, maybe, but email is a whole issue by itself.  I've spent hundreds of hours trying documented and undocumented methods and it has never worked to my satisfaction.  And success in my opinion would be a migration with no information loss.

I guess my hope is that there is some magic bullet out there that will work.  It's been a while since I last tried so I'm hoping there's been some new development in migration - or an inexpensive third party tool. 

Platinum Elite Contributor