Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

I apologise for the ramble - We are running ACT v6 (old I know but for our needs perfectly ample) and are upgrading all the work pc's to Vista. At this point of time we have 6 upgraded machines and despite the older ACT/Vista incompatibility they are all working in harmony. However a pc that was successfully running Vista and ACT had to be re-built due to an issue with Adobe (hmmm...). After the rebuild ACT was installed successfully EXCEPT when we try to change the format of the telephone fields - we can type in the numbers but when we click on the little button to the right of the field the above error pops up. Have uninstalled the program (5 times) using ACTUnistaller and reinstalled it to no avail. Would be most appreciative if anyone has any tips or advice.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error - Object reference not set to an instance of an object

You're not going to like my reply. With a Vista-ACT! 6 combination, there has been on testing so I have no idea why you're having that problem. However, what you are experiencing is typical of what I have heard about ACT! 6 running on Vista; sometime it works, sometimes not. Weather ACT! 6 meets your needs or not, you would be well advised to upgrade your ACT! program, otherwise I anticipate you will continue to have these kind of inexplicable problems.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129