Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Error Message when I open Outlook 2007

Error Message when I open Outlook 2007

I tried unsuccessfully to load ACT! 6 on a computer running Windows Vista and Outlook 2007. When I open Outlook I receive the following error message " The Add-in ACT!Extensions (C:\Windows\system32\ActExt.dll) cannot be loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the the Add-in manufactyrer for an update. If no update is available, please uninstall the Add-in." I have emove the ActExt.dll file from the windows system 32 folder but I still get the error message each time I open ACT!. How do I get rid of the error message?

Thanks for your help.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Error Message when I open Outlook 2007

ACT! 6 does not have Office 2007 support. For that, you need to upgrade to ACT! 2008 (10.0) or later.

Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I understand NOW that Act 6 isn't compatabile with Outlook 2007. My problem is that I ALREADY tried to load the program. As I said I have removed the ActExt.dll file but I CONTINUE to receive the error message each time I open Outlook 2007. I need to know how to stop receiving the error message each time I open Outlook 2007. I hope you can tell me a solution for that problem.  Also I would like to know if I really need Act 2009 or if Act 2008 will work well enough for me. Obviously when I talk to the Sage people they push 2009. I am not that heavy of a user. i only have one database and it has approximately 1,500 contacts. I do dend email to the contacts and want those included in the notes/ history, etc. I appreciate your time and expertise.

Tony

imgib wrote:

Mike,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I understand NOW that Act 6 isn't compatabile with Outlook 2007. My problem is that I ALREADY tried to load the program. As I said I have removed the ActExt.dll file but I CONTINUE to receive the error message each time I open Outlook 2007. I need to know how to stop receiving the error message each time I open Outlook 2007. I hope you can tell me a solution for that problem.  Also I would like to know if I really need Act 2009 or if Act 2008 will work well enough for me. Obviously when I talk to the Sage people they push 2009. I am not that heavy of a user. i only have one database and it has approximately 1,500 contacts. I do dend email to the contacts and want those included in the notes/ history, etc. I appreciate your time and expertise.

Tony

You couldtry removing the ACT! Outlook links as per this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1284...

ACT! 2009 is definately better and faster.

Do you want to just email single contacts and small groups or merge 100+ at a time?

With ACT! 6.0, you could email from templates with MergeMaster! Pro

Mike,

I went to the link you provided and read the article. I must not be communicating clearly. I apologize if I'm not. I tried unsuccessfully to load Act 6 on the computer with Outlook 2007. The "ActExt.dll" file has been REMOVED from and Act 6 in NOT installed on the computer running Outlook 2007. The first fix in the article  was to remove the "Act address book" from Outlook. Since Act 6 is NOT installed there is no Act address book to remove. The second solution is to open Outlook and navigate to "Add-in manager". There isn't an "Add-in manager in Outlook 2007. The third solution is to rename the ActExt.dll file. Since the file has been removed there is NO AxtExt.dll file to rename. However I still receive the error message each time I start Outlook 2007.

Let me try to answer your question to me about my use of Act. I only email individual contacts and small groups. I am willing to upgrade. I was wondering, based on my usage, if Act 2008 will work well enough for me or if it would be worth the extra expense to purchase Act 2009?

Thanks for your help,

Tony

Try these steps.

1. Launch Outlook
  2. Click Help, then click Privacy Options.
  3. When the Trust Center screen appears, click Add-Ins from the left pane.
  4. Go to the bottom of the screen, choose COM Add-ins from the Manage dropdown, then click Go.
  5. Remove the ACT! add-in

David,

I followed your instructions but there was no ACT! add-in. Do you have any other suggestions? I really appreciate your help.

Tony

Does it show in Help | Disabled?

Is the file still there? It is located in the Windows System folder; this folder varies with different versions of Windows, possibilities include: C:\Windows\System, C:\WinNT\System32, and C:\Windows\System32.If so,, with Outlook closed, delete it (or rename dll to old)

Maybe, in Outlook try - Help | Office Diagnostics