09-24-2011 06:58 AM - edited 09-24-2011 06:59 AM
I open ACT 6.0 and select Write Email. It brings up a windows to create an email.
When I click on To it brings me to the Select Recipients. When I select All Contacts, it only displays a handful of my email records.
I have around 7000 records and it shows maybe a few hundred.
I am stumped..... I hope someone can help.
This is what I have tried so far with no luck
1. Exit ACT!.
2. Click Start, then click Run. The Run dialog appears.
3. Type actdiag, then click OK. The ACT! Data Diagnostic Tool appears.
4. Click the Maintenance menu, select Backup Database.
5. Locate the folder that contains your ACT! database, select the problem database, and click Open. The tool will create a quick backup of your database before proceeding. Click Close when the backup is complete.
6. Click the Options menu, then click Remove Index Files.
7. Locate the folder that contains your ACT! database, select the problem database, and click Open. Click Yes at the prompt verifying that you want to delete the index files.
8. ACT! will now begin to open and you will see a message indicating that your Index Files are missing or are corrupt. Click Yes to this message, and ACT! will rebuild the index files.
9. Log into your database if prompted, and the database may now open.
10. To complete the repair of this database, click the File Menu, point to Administration, then click Database Maintenance. The Database Maintenance dialog appears.
11. Ensure the Compress Database checkbox is enabled, then click the Reindex button.
09-24-2011 09:56 AM
You have corrupted ABC and ABU database files, delete them and ACT! will rebuild.