Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Email client Issue: Can't send out email

Email client Issue: Can't send out email

I am using the Act email system to download my ipowerweb internet email.  

I am getting email in my inbox but any emails that I send do not make it out of my outbox. Please help.

Most of the other posts that I have read on this subject have something to do with somekind of intergration problem with Microsoft Outlook. This is impossible in my case.  I do not have Microsoft Outlook installed on my computer.

I have checked and rechecked the SMTP and POP with my host tech support.  These are fine.  I have Bitdefender virus protection and I even turned off the firewall thinking this will send out all the out message sitting/clogging up my outgoing folder.  To no avail.

My host provider said to make sure the "smtp port"  "pop port" have the number 110 and 587 next to them.  I could not find this anywhere in act or act help.  I've never had to do that before to get it to work though.

puhlease help.  I can't send out any emails.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Email client Issue: Can't send out email

Your ISP has changed the smtp port from the default port of 25 to 587.

Internet Mail cannot be configured to use specific server ports other than the default Outgoing Server Port 25 and Incoming Server Port 110.

The only options are to use Outlook or Outlook Express - note Outlook Express doesn't permit HTML emails to be sent from ACT!

Hi MIke,

Thank you for your answer. I spoke at length with the IT tech help with my hosts at IPOWERWEB and they claim they have not changed the port.

It is actually still 25.  587 is the suggest port they are moving to.  But they have assured me that they are still using 25 for me.

Rather than continue back and forth on this issue, because I seem to be getting the run around on both ends and in the meantime none of my emails can be sent out.

I was wondering if you thought upgrading to 2009 would resolve this pesky problem.  The other issue with my Act 2006 is that i keep getting an error sometimes when I open it up.  I close the error box and the program continues to work fine.  don't know what that is all about.  I've reinstalled it twice.

do you think upgrading will reset to the right port settings?. 

Thanks for your help Michael.

Kay.

You might check that 25 is still in use by setting up Outlook Express and seeing if it can connect.

ACT! 2009 is faster and better in every way, but still uses the same ports with it's Internet Mail client.

What's the error you're getting?

the error happens occassionally on Act.  so i dont' recall the message.

I tested the mail with outlook express.  using the same settings as with the Act!

this is the error message i got for outlook;

Unable to logon to the server using Secure Password Authentication. Account: 'pop.ipower.com', Server: 'pop.ipower.com', Protocol: POP3, Server Response: '-ERR Invalid command.', Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 0x800CCC90, Error Number: 0x800CCC18

don't know if i'm doing the settings wrong.  but at least outlook allows user to access the port settings.  why doesn't ACT let you access port settings.

anyhow - what does this mean.  should I switch host companys.   i love ACT.  have too much invested in it to go to outlook.

Kay.

If you get that error with Outlook, you need to speak to your ISP to check the settings.

ACT! integrates with Outlook and is usually the best way to operate