Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Download past act files to ACT 2005, using Zip

Download past act files to ACT 2005, using Zip

I have ACT 2005 on computer...Had ACT 2000 before, it crashed and is gone. I have all my 2000 Data on zip & want to load to 2005. Can't seem to make that happen...Need help.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Download past act files to ACT 2005, using Zip

You can manually extract the 2000 database and then open it directly and convert it in ACT! 2005:

- Unzip the .zip file for your ACT! 2000 database (right-click on it select "Extract To") to a new folder

- In ACT! 2005, go to File/Open Database

- Change the "Files of type" on the Open screen to .DBF

- Browse to the folder you extracted your ACT! 2000 database to and open the .DBF file for your database

- ACT! 2005 should open the database and then prompt you to convert it

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks a bunch, you really helped me out on this. I had a little challenge on rearranging the fields, butI solved that. The only problem left is that the data in the notes section is blank...Is it their & I can't fi it, or is i gone?
Platinum Elite Contributor

In ACT! 2000, the Notes and History were on the same tab, whereas in ACT! 2005 they are on separate tabs. I'm guessing that all that data is now under the History tab in ACT! 2005. It depends on how you entered in ACT! 2000...as Notes or as History.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.