Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Download ACT! 2000

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: ActWin2

For starters ACT! 2011 likely won't work on Windows 8 so you need to consider upgrading to the latest version of the ACT! program.

To convert that old of a database you would need to first do a conversion to ACT! 6. The trial version of ACT! 6 is available but likely won't run on Windows 8.

You may need to employ the services of an ACT! Certified Consultant to convert your database.

Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Download ACT! 2000

Senita, It's unlikely you'll get ACT! 2000 to work with Office 2010

ACT! 2000 didn't even support Office 2003, which was added after ACT! 6.03

It is possible that it may have worked if Office was upgraded and there were parts of the old version still there ... these may have been cleaned up by an Office or Windows update, which would mean it won't work again

The best option would be to upgrade Act!

However, if you want to try, I have the installs if you send me a private message vie the envelope top-right of the pages on this site or via http://about.me/GLComputing

faithjensen5 ... replied to your private message.

Sorry for the delay, I was travelling with limited internet access

AppleAdam,

Here are the steps:
http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/01/tips-for-converting-act-60-or-earlier.html

Act! 6.0 "may" install in compatibility mode (has done for some users, not others) ... If not, you'll need to do the 2.x to 6.x part on another system, then take the 6.0 db to the Win8 box.

Also note that only Act! 2013 SP1 is supported on Windows 8

ACT 2011 seems to work fine with Windows8.

After toying with the idea of going the VirtualBox route, I downloaded OpenOffice, through which I am now at least able to view my files - all is not lost.   It would be great if I could get the data to import, but having data to rebuild the new file is better than the alternative.

Bronze Elite Contributor

I have a couple of clients who have W8 and I have successfully installed ACT! 2011. I had to manually install SQL though but everything worked including integration with Outlook 2010 etc..

David Shaw
Act! Certified Consultant since 2001
Office:    +44 (0)1483 714507
Mobile: +44 (0)7977 567 318
E-Mail:    dshaw@act4u.org 
Copper Elite Contributor

I can confirm that ACT! 2011 works on windows 8 as well.

I would still recommend going with the newest version to ensure maximum compatibilty and minimize surprises.

Mark Hammer
ACT! Fanatic

I have the same problem of having the old old 2000 5.0.xxx version. 

I have the license key but not the CD.

Would very mch appreciate receiving info on where I can download the program.

Thank you very much.

Claudia

gg12345@fastmail.fm

I am also in need of installing Act 2000 on Windows XP. I have my key but not my installation cd. Is it possible to get this file from you? Thank you in advance for your assistance.

I am also in need of installing Act 2000.

I have my key but not my installation cd, usual story do a cleanup and discover two days later that you need to rebuild a machine with software you just threw out.

Thank you in advance for your assistance.