Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Don't know what to do with my ACT 2000 database!!

Don't know what to do with my ACT 2000 database!!

I am currently using Act 2000 on my Vista operating system.  Yes, I'm a little behind the times.  I know my computer is on its last legs, and am looking at getting a new computer.  I understand that Act 2000 will not operate on Windows 8.  I have over 4500 contacts in my database, and do not want to lose them.  I'm afraid, at this point, if I upgrade to the newest version of Act, that I will be totally confused with all the changes, and my learning curve will be astronomical!  I'm also afraid that my data will not transfer successfully to a new program.  Also, is the newest version of Act a pay per month application?  I'm 61 years old, and just use this database to keep track of contacts and insert notes as to when I've had contact with them.  So I can't justify a per month fee.  HELP!

Silver Super Contributor

Re: Don't know what to do with my ACT 2000 database!!

Please see my reply on how to run ACT 6 on Windows 10.

Should be OK for the 2000 version (ACT5) as well if you want to try it.

https://community.act.com/t5/Act-version-6-x-Prior/ACT-6-on-Windows-10/m-p/372522#M6640

Re: Don't know what to do with my ACT 2000 database!!

[ Edited ]

I am currently using Act 2000 on my Vista operating system. Yes, I'm a little behind the times. I know my computer is on its last legs, and am.

tellpizzahut