Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Database/Sync Question

Database/Sync Question

Hi - I have setup several users to syncronize with a master database which is kept on our main server at head office. The problem is when the users sync they recieve everyones accounts. How can I configure this so that they only recieve accounts in their name (under Record Manager)

Many thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Database/Sync Question

You can't, alluser accounts and My records will be included.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Assuming ACT! 6.0?

Do you mean the users' own My Records? If so, as Roy said, you can't exclude them.

Or, do you mean other contacts? Then you can select groups to sync to users. You need to define the groups for each user by Record Manager. Make sure you read the knowledge base articles on Shread Folder or Email sync, But start with this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1173...

Thanks Mike, i'll try the process within that KB to see if that solves the issue.

Jon

Is the feature where users can syncronise with a master database and only see their own records available in a later version of Act! ?

Cheers,

All user My records always sync because the user information is required to track other record manager information. So no, later versions also sync all user my records.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129