Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting older Act! .dbf (not sure of version, I've had several) to ACT!8.0 -- ERROR MESSAGE

Converting older Act! .dbf (not sure of version, I've had several) to ACT!8.0 -- ERROR MESSAGE

Hello all-

I am trying to convert an old database from a previous version of ACT! -- I'm not sure of the previous version since I've had several over the years.  I created a .zip file with all the database files (not an ACT! backup .zip) and now when I try to open the .dbf with ACT!8 things go swimmingly until about halfway through the conversion process when I get an error message stating -- Conversion has been halted with the following message: StartIndex cannot be less than zero.  Parameter name: startIndex.

I will worship (from afar) anyone who can help with this problem!

Thanks in advance...

-G

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting older Act! .dbf (not sure of version, I've had several) to ACT!8.0 -- ERROR MESSAGE

You have a corrupted database that needs to be repaired before it can be converted.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Converting older Act! .dbf (not sure of version, I've had several) to ACT!8.0 -- ERROR MESSAGE

Thanks, Roy-

How can I proceed from here to reapir the database?  Is it possible to open it in ACT!8 withouth converting it?

-G

Please check your private messages, upper right corner of the screen.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi Gilleland,
I can recommend trying thesql server data file secondary restoreprogram that automatically eliminates
dbf errors. It is a good solution, if you experience any difficulties with dbx
files. Hope this helps