Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Converting ACT 6 Database to ACT Pro 2011/Opportunity Field 1 does not support value greater than 64

Converting ACT 6 Database to ACT Pro 2011/Opportunity Field 1 does not support value greater than 64

Recently I purchased SAGE ACT Pro 2011 and I attempted to convert/upgrade my ACT 6 Database.  Everything seemed to convert, however at the very end I got the following error: "Opportunity Field 1 does not support value greater than 64."  As it turns out this is the most important field for us because it contains our sales (Product Sold, Description of Product, Qty and Cost).  We tried to increase the character value for this field but this did not work.  It seems that in the newer program this field is for a completely different use.  I called technical support but they did not seem to understand the problem and only told us carry out procedures we had already done (re indexing the dbs, running dbs maintenance etc.).  At the end they just told us they did not have the tools to help us.  For us this dead end is a big deal because even though we're not a big company we're talking about 8 years of data.  Any suggestions or help in solving this issue will be greatly appreciated.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Converting ACT 6 Database to ACT Pro 2011/Opportunity Field 1 does not support value greater than 64

[ Edited ]

Hello mqp,
Welcome to the Sage ACT! Community. One user seems to have found a solution to this issue and posted it here (last post in topic):
http://community.act.com/t5/ACT-version-6-x-Prior/act-6-0-to-act-2010-error/td-p/58729/highlight/tru...

This may or may not work for you.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.