Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Contact Information Screen changed

Contact Information Screen changed

I am using ACT 6.0 I have a question about the contacts information screen.  The one I have been using for years disappeared and I have another one with less information. I don't know how to get the prior screen back.
The old one had contact information including ticker symbol, extension #,  department,  additional contacts, email address, web page - two full columns of information maybe 20 -25 fields.  The new one is only a column and a half and 12 fields.
I don't what I did to make that happen. I would appreciate if you can tell me how to get the old screen back. I don't see any tabs for preferences which is where I would normally look.
Sincerely,
Doug Horan
Bronze Contributor

Re: Contact Information Screen changed

Down in the lower right corner of the ACT! screen you should see a wide button with the name of the current layout - maybe Contact Layout 4.0 or something.  Click on that button and try each layout in the list until you find the one that you're used to.  It may be next to a similarly-sized button that may say something like <no group>..

Signature

I found 2 buttons in the lower right corner, one says <Unknown Layout> and the other <No Group> . I clicked on both and there is nothing in either of them. No pull downs nothing.  So what next?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Your default locations in Edit | Preferences aren't pointing to the folder where your layout are located.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Platinum Elite Contributor