Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Characters cut off during import

Accepted Solution Solved
Accepted Solution

Characters cut off during import

Hello everyone,

I have been looking for the answer to this problem for a while and haven't been successful.

I am importing an excel spread sheet with property addresses and correspoding list of tenants at each property as well as a whole host of other information.  When I import the data some of the fields cut off the data.  For example there might be a list of 5 tenants seperated by commas and it only transfers 12 characters.  I have checked in the define fields section and the character count is at 254, the max.  I am also having a problem with the property identification number being transferred.  It is also cutting it off uniformaly at 9 characters even though it is set at 50+.  I would say all in all there are about 5 field that are cutting off data even though the character count is set well above.  

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.  I am using version 6.x.

Cheers,
Bryson

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Characters cut off during import

That's caused by the save from Excel. When you save from excel to delimited or DBF, it only saves what is shown on the screen. You need to set the column widths in Excel to the maximum data in each column.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

View solution in original post

All Replies
Solution
Accepted by dlunceford (Moderator)
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

That's caused by the save from Excel. When you save from excel to delimited or DBF, it only saves what is shown on the screen. You need to set the column widths in Excel to the maximum data in each column.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

That did it!!!  Thank you so much!!!