Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Change Email attachment path after reinstall on new laptop

Change Email attachment path after reinstall on new laptop

I backed up Act6 database and restored it on a new laptop - but now the email attachments point to the wrong path (i.e. on the old desktop it was j:\My Doc\Act whilst on the new laptop it is c:\mydoc\Act) - how do I change the path so I can open the emails from within the history?

I found a software called Migration Attachment BUT it doesn't run on a Windows 7 machine.

Does anyone know how to do this manually or if there is a add on compatible with Windows 7?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Change Email attachment path after reinstall on new laptop

I haven't tried Oak!Check! in Win7, but you can try it as a trial to test:
http://www.glcomputing.com.au/main/18/2

If that fails, let me know I have another couple of ideas

thanks, oakcheck lets me install and run in windows 7 BUT the demo version allows me to change 5 records only which means I have no real means of testing it as I do not know which of the 5207 emails it is changing (or not changing for all I know) the path for Smiley Sad

If you have any other ideas, that would be great

K

Platinum Elite Contributor

ok, I decided that creating a new database to test and then paying $ 149 for the full version wasn't really feasible.

My workaround solution was to map a new network drive as the same name as on  the old computer, create a few subfolders to create the same path, copy the old emails over and result Smiley Happy

thanks for your help though Smiley Happy