Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Cannot create Contacts. Database already exists.

Cannot create Contacts. Database already exists.

I've accidently converted an Act! 2000 (v5) database with a new 2009 version using the wrong data. When I close the database and re-convert the right one, I now get an error that the database already exists. I've already tried reinstalling Act! completely using Revo Uninstaller (a process that took about 3 hours), along with deleting all the .ADF, .PAD, and whatever other files I could find that even came remotely close to being called "Contacts" in My Documents AND in the Program Files folder. I've even visited the knowledgebase over here. Nothing is working.

My original database is called Contacts, and I need my new, converted database to be called Contacts because of what we plan to do to network it. Short of reformatting my hard drive and reinstalling windows, what can I do to fix this?

Thanks!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Cannot create Contacts. Database already exists.

Have you tried just detaching and deleting the database? See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1413...

BTW: Uninstalling with products like Revo will usually cause many more problems.