Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't register ACT6.0 thru Windows7

Can't register ACT6.0 thru Windows7

Have tried several times (autoinstall, setup.exe from ACT file) and ACT6.0 installs just fine.  But then it asks me to register and I get:

Error Message: "Internet Connection Required to Check for Updates Could Not Be Made. In the Windows Control Panel, Check the Internet Options Dial-up Settings".  I've tried the fixes I see in the Knowledgebase but no luck.  My firewalls, etc are down.  Can somebody offer me a solution?  Thanks from TN. 

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't register ACT6.0 thru Windows7

That registration connection went away several years ago, ACT! 6 is an old program. Just print the registration and discard it, ACT! 6 didn't require activation.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Can't register ACT6.0 thru Windows7

I am having problems registering my ACT PROGRAM and I filled out the information on line.  I don't have a registration card because this program came with my old computer as a package of programs bought at the time.  I do have a serial number but when it gets to the point where I have to hit "finish" to register the program I can't.  I am using WINDOWS 7.  The program loged itself in as a 30-day trial program. I think I have ACT 6 because I got it in 2009.