Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't install ACT 6 without a printer

Copper Contributor

Can't install ACT 6 without a printer

Trying to install ACT 6 on a new desktop without a printer connected to it.  However, when the prompt comes up to register via the Internet or printing out th form I am stuck.  The Internet link is long out dated so my only option is to print out the form.  However, I don't have a printer.  Is there any other way to get past this screen so I can finish the install?

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't install ACT 6 without a printer

Hello Ricky,

Please see the information in KB Article 12891 on how to register ACT! 6.0 when there is no printer or internet access.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Install a printer driver and then do a print to a file.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Problem solved.

THANKS

Bronze Contributor

I'm surprised that your new laptop doesn't have a "Microsoft XPS Document Writer" built-in - it's not a physical printer, but a printer driver for saving a document to a file.  In the future, simply pick that as the printer, print your document, a dialog will come up asking for a file name - call it anything, save it anywhere, and ACT! will think it's 'printing' the registration page and you'll be 'good to go' and by the way, delete the file when you're done.

Signature