Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't get into ACT 6.0

Can't get into ACT 6.0

When I try to log in to my ACT (Version 6.0) it gives this error: ACT!: act.exe – Application Error The instruction at “0x780109b3” referenced memory at “0x726f6620”. The memory could not be “read”. Click on OK to terminate the program Click on CANCEL to debug the program When you click on OK it gives you: The instruction at “0x6c3b7e50” referenced memory at “0x74726170”. The memory could not be “read”. Click on OK to terminate the program. When you click on OK it gives you the above message immediately above again. When you click on OK again it goes off the screen. If I do the other option after the initial error message and click on CANCEL I get: Act.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created. When you click on OK it goes off the screen. I can not get into ACT and have been dead in the water for 2 weeks. Can anyone out there help?
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't get into ACT 6.0

Important to figure out if it's ACT! or the database that's been damaged.

Can you open the demo database?

[ Edited ]

did you ever find out what to do to fix this? i am having a similar problem now, but the numbers in the codes are different.

Message Edited by add9846 on 08-04-2008 11:14 AM
Platinum Elite Contributor

add9846 wrote:

did you ever find out what to do to fix this? i am having a similar problem now, but the numbers in the codes are different.

Message Edited by add9846 on 08-04-2008 11:14 AM

And if you try the demo database?

hi! did anyone establish if there is a resolution?

for my user, ACT is totally functional, but the database returns this error.

boo!

can you help?