Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't copy dbf file to disc??

Can't copy dbf file to disc??

Here's the situation.  I am trying to transfer and update a dbf from Act 2000 to Act 2009.  The old file resides on a windows me machine and I want to transfer it to a windows 7/Act 2009 machine.  When I try to copy a file to disc, it appears to have transfered onto the disc when in the old cpu, however, the same file will not appear on the new cpu???  How do I copy this file so that I can load it into the new Act??  Have tried everything I can think of.  Sometimes it will block me by requesting that I do things as an administor...how do I make sure that I am running the old Act as adminsitor.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't copy dbf file to disc??

First, you need much more than just the DBF. You need ALL the database files with the same name.

You might also make sure you clean the database, as per: 

http://blog.glcomputing.com.au/2010/01/tips-for-converting-act-60-or-earlier.html

Re: Can't copy dbf file to disc??

Thanks for the reply.  Yes, I can find all the other files such as DDF DDX GDB...and so on. They all copied to disc.  The only file that does not appear is the DBF file! 

It appears on the same disc and runs off the old cpu but not on the windows 7 machine???