Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't backup Act 6.0

Can't backup Act 6.0

Computer crashed last week.  Installed new hard drive, loaded Act 6.0, restored data.  tried to do a backup yesterday and it would not let be in.  I think I might of set my rights wrong  (security level standard) and if that is the problem I don't know how to change it.

A little help please!!
Thanks
Nickel Elite Contributor

Re: Can't backup Act 6.0

Is the problem you are having a case that you can't open the ACT! database or when you try to do File | Backup it won't allow you to do the backup? It's not clear from your post. I don't know of any reason why ACT! 6 would not allow you to do a backup but in ACT! 2006 version 8 it could be blocked. Would you please clarify exactly what you are trying to do?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com

I can access my data fine.  It is when I want to do a "backup" of my data base I go to the "file" tab and "backupp is not highlighted and it won't open.  When I reloaded the program after replacing my harddrive I think I did not list myself as "system administrator" and that may be why I cannot do a backup.  Just a guess, but I can't find a way to get back in and list myself as sys Adm.  I am the only user on this system.
Nickel Elite Contributor

If it is a shared database, someone else may have the database open. There could also be a stuck user in the database lock file. You could try deleting the database file with the extension LCK in Windows Explorer.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
Techbenders
royel@techbenders.com
Platinum Elite Contributor