Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can't Access Mail Merge after Windows 7 Upgrade: "ACT! could not open your word processor...."

Can't Access Mail Merge after Windows 7 Upgrade: "ACT! could not open your word processor...."

We recently upgraded our computers from Windows XP to Windows 7. 4 out of the 5 computers are not able to access the mail merge option. Out of the 4 computers that do not work, 3 of them are 64-bit and 1 is 32-bit. 

I have unistalled and reinstalled ACT!, outlook, and microsoft office, but the same issues still occur. I went into ACT's preferences and the Outlook & Microsoft Word are set up correctly.

When I click on Mail Merge via ACT!, a screen pops up saying "ACT! could not open your word proccessor. This may be a result of inadequate security permission in Windows. Microsoft Word 2000 or 2002 (XP)." Once I click Okay, another box pops up saying "The word processor driver is not running.".

If anyone can help me with this issue, I would greatly appreciate it. Thank you!!

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can't Access Mail Merge after Windows 7 Upgrade: "ACT! could not open your word processor...."

What version of Office?
What build of ACT! (from help | about)?

I'd make sure that UAC is disabled in Windows 7

There are various security issues in win7 that sometimes older products (eg ACT! 6.0) won't be able to get past

Re: Can't Access Mail Merge after Windows 7 Upgrade: "ACT! could not open your word processor...."

I disabled the UAC in windows 7 and now it works perfectly. THANK YOU!!!