Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can An Install CD be recreated using original ACT files extracted from an old computer?

Tuned Listener

Can An Install CD be recreated using original ACT files extracted from an old computer?

Hi:

My 5 year old computer (which had ACT 6.0) recently crashed and I had to do a clean install to replace the operating system.

Prior to crashing,  the computer's C drive files and program files (including ACT) were backed up to another computer.

Question is, is there some way to vacuum up all the ACT files from the other computer to recreate an install disc so I can re-install the ACT 6.0 program back to the newly fixed 5 yr old computer?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can An Install CD be recreated using original ACT files extracted from an old computer?

No.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Tuned Listener

Re: Can An Install CD be recreated using original ACT files extracted from an old computer?

Thanks.  Where I can buy an original boxed version or CD of ACT 6.0 (the 6.03 version/build) ?  I am not interested in any newer versions of ACT.  I was very fond of the 6.0 version only which is why I was wondering if I could re-install the files to the old computer.

If anyone has any links where I can buy the original ACT 6.0 please provide links in your response.

Thank you --

ACT 6.0 Fan

If you have the serial number you can download the trial version and simply apply the serial number.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

No... this was not an option with ACT! 6.0, Roy.

If you have the serial number, you need to get a download of a non-trial version... most ACT! consultants would be able to assist with this

If I remember correct, it was possible using direct registry editing. Regardless, the serial number is the key. An ACC can provide the download but not the serial number.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Report Expert
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129