Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT 6 work with Vista?

Can ACT 6 work with Vista?

Late last year I got a new laptop with Vista but was disappointed when, due to 64 bit architecture, it would not allow installation of certain programs including ACT 6.  Is there a workaround to get it installed and working or is this a forced upgrade?  Thanks.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can ACT 6 work with Vista?

Unfortunately, like most programs developed at the time ACT! 6.0 was, it will not work on a 64-bit Vista machine.  ACT! 2009 is the only version that is supported on a 64-bit Vista OS.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

Thanks, Greig.  Someone told me I could set up a virtual XP environment on my Vista laptop that would allow me to run ACT 6.0 that way.  Does that sound correct?

I'm not sure abiut the 64-bit version but I have successfully used Act! 6 on an HP Laptop running Vista Home Premium (32 bit). I recently upgraded to Act! 2009 because Act! 6 was freezing when rolling calls over to the next day (over 500 calls). It worked perfectly and lightning fast under regular conditions and was capable of rolling over about 350 calls / activities with no problems. I just couldn't be bothered to manually re-schedule everything.

How did you manage to get past ACT 6.0 saying it cannot install on this operating system?

Gadget

A forum is only as good as it's parts, together we will prevail...!

The only people that I have heard of being able to even install ACT! 6 on Vista were using the Home edition. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

this sounds like my problem too. My desktop crashed due to a shot motherboard so I transfered everything to my Vista laptop and now can get to my data. Act 2006 version 8 did install but I can't get it to see my data.  I am trying not to spend the money for the new version, but it sounds like I have to. Any alternatives?

thanks 

Hey, I have the same laptop and system and have not been able to install 6.0-- how did you do it?

Thanks much.

If your version of Vista is the 64-bit version, you won't be able to install ACT! 6. Even if you succeed in getting ACT! 6 installed on Vista, you will likely have ongoing problems. It would be better for you to upgrade to the latest version of the ACT! program.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129