Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Can ACT! 6.0 run in XP mode on Windows 7?

Can ACT! 6.0 run in XP mode on Windows 7?

[ Edited ]

I've been running 6.02 on Windows XP.  No problems.  Just purchased Windows 7- Professional, because I was told that it has an "XP" window that will allow you to run the programs you were able to run on XP operating system.  Is that not correc?

[Edit: edited subject to match topic]

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Can ACT! 6.0 run in XP mode on Windows 7?

[ Edited ]

The XP in Windows 7 is not the same as XP... some people have managed to get ACT! 6.0 to run, many haven't.

[Edit: updated subject; removed reference to unrelated post]

[ Edited ]

Mike:

Thanks for the quick reply. 

What are the odds that someone out there --- in Cyberspace --- has a copy of the Installation Disk for ACT! 6.0?  As noted in my earlier post, I'm on the verge of starting to get used to my new computer (with Windows 7 - Professional) and will then attempt to convert (upload) all of my information from the old computer. 

While going through my disks, I couldn't find the installation disk for 6.0.  Had recorded my customer number inside the User's Guide, so I called Sage, but was told that they don't have any copies of the 6.0 installation disk.  The old program (6.0) works perfect for my limited needs and I certainly don't want to spend $100+ for an update if I can avoid it.

Any help, ideas, suggestions, would be much appreciated.

Bob

P.S.  Noted that you're out there in Australia.  My step-daughter just moved out to New Zealand last year.  They love it!

I have a copy and might be able to dig it up on the weekend... send me a Private Message (the little envelope near the top-right of pages on this site) with your details.

I use Windows 7 64bit and ACT runs fine, choose comp mode and select WinXP SP2.

Hi,

I am trying to reload ACT 6.0 on Windows 7  using a CD> However, it gives message that it is not compatible with 64 bit etc.

You mentioned to change the compatibility setting. I know the steps. But how does one change setting with the program is ona CD.

I tried opening the file by accessing the CD drive from my computer. The two visible icons are autoplay.exe and setup.

I tried doing the compatability set up by right clicking the auto play. Net result it did not start.

Please could you explain.

Thanks

SS

turn off auto run and in Computer right click  on the cd,select open, look for the exe file and right click on it, click on trouble shoot comp..

Another solution that will work really well is to load Parrellel's on your machine and load a copy of XP Pro and run in virtual mode. I ran this solution for my MAC and for the Windows 64bit machine. Decided I did not want to buy another copy of Parrellel's and installed on my Windows machine using the comp. mode instead.

Act! 6 is OK for me, on W7, but it no longer picks up Word 200o!