Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Avoid "Create History" dialog

Avoid "Create History" dialog

I have ACT! v. 6.03 and use Word 2002 for the word processor. Is there a way to avoid the "Create History" dialog box altogether when printing? Perhaps an add-on. Do any of the later versions of ACT! give the user the choice of having the dialog box or not? thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Avoid "Create History" dialog

The answer to all three of your questions is no.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Do you always want History or never want it?

If you never want it, removing the hidden text MIGHT work... try it on a new template. See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1028...

Out of curiosity I tried this theory out regarding the hidden database text both with a new Word template and modifying an existing Word template but still got the "create history" dialogue box.  A shame it didn't work but the theory sounded good.

Valerie

Just for interest ... are you printing or emailing? Single or multi-contacts merged?

Hi Mike, I was testing it on a single contact (so "Write", "Other Document") and printing it.  After reading your reply I did try a Mail Merge, Print option on a single contact in case that worked but got the same result.

Valerie Piva