Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Avoid "Create History" dialog

Avoid "Create History" dialog

I have ACT! v. 6.03 and use Word 2002 for the word processor. Is there a way to avoid the "Create History" dialog box altogether when printing? Perhaps an add-on. Do any of the later versions of ACT! give the user the choice of having the dialog box or not? thanks.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Avoid "Create History" dialog

The answer to all three of your questions is no.
Roy Laudenslager
Retired ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer

Do you always want History or never want it?

If you never want it, removing the hidden text MIGHT work... try it on a new template. See this ACT! Knowledge Base article -

http://kb.sagesoftwareonline.com/cgi-bin/sagesoftwareonline.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=1028...

Out of curiosity I tried this theory out regarding the hidden database text both with a new Word template and modifying an existing Word template but still got the "create history" dialogue box.  A shame it didn't work but the theory sounded good.

Valerie

Just for interest ... are you printing or emailing? Single or multi-contacts merged?

Hi Mike, I was testing it on a single contact (so "Write", "Other Document") and printing it.  After reading your reply I did try a Mail Merge, Print option on a single contact in case that worked but got the same result.

Valerie Piva