Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding to multi user

Adding to multi user

We have been using ACT 6.0 with few problems for over 5 years.   I have the product installed on 3 workstations, and the database is installed on our Windows 2003 Server.   I recently added a part-time salesperson, and whenever more than 2 persons tried to use the database, the third person got a message that I didn't have enough licenses.  I purchased and addition 6.0 license and installed it on the third person's workstation.   However, nothing has changed.  The third logon still get the same messasge.     How do I get the database user counter to recognize the additional license?

(I am hesitant to upgrade due to the size of the new product, I would have to add memory on the machines and buy 3 new licenses in a tough economy)

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Adding to multi user

Still no dice.

I may have made an error in that I first installed the original ACT license on the new workstation then re-installed with the one I purchased without first un-installing the original.  The hk5 file is only seeing the original registration information.  I even wet to the resistry and found two locations with the old registration key and changed ti to the new one.  It took, but the hk5 file on the server is still only seeing the original registration number.  I must have missed finding the one that counts or it is getting the license infor somewhere else.

If I uninstall, reboot and thenre-install with the new cd, will that work, or will I use up my installs?

Platinum Elite Contributor

The CD won't matter... it's just the key that you register with.

Go to each machine, start ACT! and - Help | About

Note the serial number and number of licenses... if each says 1 license, make sure they all have different serials... if not, uninstall and reinstall a duplicate with a key you haven't used.

curious if you ever found a solution as I am having the exact same problem..??  thanks