Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Adding graphic to report template in Act! 6.0

Adding graphic to report template in Act! 6.0

I am trying to create a report template with our company logo on it.  However when I try to copy and paste the logo into the act report template, paste is grayed out.  The logo is a bitmap image. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Adding graphic to report template in Act! 6.0

Can the logo be pasted into other apps, like a Word document?  May be an issue with your Windows Clipboard.  Also, images can only be pasted on the background portion of the report template.

Greig Hollister

Note: Effective 6/1/13, Sage no longers provides support for the Act! software. This is now provided by Swiftpage.

I am able to paste the image into a word doc, publisher, or my desktop.  Also at home I have Act 10, and I can insert the image into a report template.  However at work we have act 6.0 and I just cannot paste the image into a report template.
Platinum Elite Contributor

The ACT! 6 reports did not directly support using graphic images in the report template. You might want to try creating a text field and then paste a bitmap image into the text box. It might work.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

This one is from memory but if you open the image in MSPAINT highlight all and copy you should then be able to open the report and paste it in usin CTRL V.
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks that worked.  Do you know why you can paste from Mspaint, but not from other programs??