Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Actdiag 5.0.4 download anyone??

Actdiag 5.0.4 download anyone??

I desperately need a copy of actdiag 5.0.4 or I will get absorbed by the Borg.

My actdiag is 5.0.2.  When I start ACT the interface hangs on a permanent hourglass.  Previously, actidag 5.0.2 would clear the problem, but now it can't.  Methods of turning off opportunistic locking using registration scripts in Sage.com, or manual redediting were not possible (text from Sage would not operate regedit and lines that needed to be edited in registry did not exist in my XP registry).  I'm am boldly trying to resist the urging of Sage to upgrade.  Products should last 20 years, not 12, not 3!  Digital sharecroppers unite!

Thanks to all you grape pickers out there!

Quasimotor

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Actdiag 5.0.4 download anyone??

Chances are that your database is corrupted. If you could get it open there are some field repairs that could be tried but under the circustances database repair services would be you only option,

For what it's worth ACT! 2000 is 11 years old and the ACT! 2-6 platform is 15 years old. twenty years ago ACT! only had a DOS version, there wasn't any ACT! for Windows

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Mike

Thanks for this helpful reply.  However, there are more files here than I know what to do with.  Can you provide a bit of information on what the differences are between the various 5.0.4 versions here and what is the dll file for?

Again, many thanks,

George

Again - many thanks!  I'll let you know how it works out.  And for all who read this, yes, I know Act 2000 is long in the tooth, but I have long feared the time it takes to learn a new interface (time I spent on ACT 2000 when it was upgraded) and time taken from a very busy one-man sales team.  If I could be sure that the changeover would be instantaneous and that the added features, some of which I have no need for and others of which I would have to learn, would not get in my way, I'd upgrade next week, (that is, not in a NY minute).

G

Sir-thanks so much for providing this link. I have a somewhat different scenario, if you have a moment I would appreciate any help.

Motherboard in computer burned up but hard drive is OK. Don't have an identical hardware platform to plug the hard drive into, so it's in a machine and now seen as the E drive.

Attempted to reference the act executable to the C drive and cloned the database to C so the path and reference would be the same.

It's not working, I'm not suprised as there aren't proper registry listings, etc, etc. I have actdiag 5.0.4 to attempt an upgrade/conversion path but continue to get MSINET.OCX error messages.

So...what would you reccomend? (BTW-Current version is 5.0.4.507) I don't have an original disk for reinstall, and I'm on an XP Pro machine (thank goodness)

Any assistance would be appreciated-Thanks, Sam

Unfortunately, no. Business has been around for 20 years, didn't do the best job of keeping records. They definately bought the program properly, but no license key can be found. (Much less the original software) Thanks-Sam