Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act6 - identifying sender and target for emails in retained history

Act6 - identifying sender and target for emails in retained history

How can I retain the "To" & "From" details for emails in a contact's history. There is no column available for this to be inserted. The emails are about the contact but not necessarily to them or from them so the "To" & "From" identity is part of my tracking regime

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act6 - identifying sender and target for emails in retained history

The emails get attached to the contact they are To ... or are you manually attaching them?

Hi Mike - They attach automatically if I use the email link in the client's contact record, however many of my emails are sent using Outlook as they are to other parties ABOUT the individual client. These emails are manually attached to the client's contact history as its important to have their events tracked chronoligically. While outlook records who the email is sent to or received from, when I attach it to the contact's record, it shows everything except who the email was sent to or received from. I therefore have no way to identify the other party without opening the email. I have over 400 clients (contacts) and virtually all of them will have emails between other parties, ie emails about them but not sent to them or received from them. Its a laborious exercise changing the subject line in all cases just to add this information for each email sent & received.

Mike - I replied to this to explain but didnt get a reply.

Agreed -the email attaches to the contact it is sent to, but I need to attach emails manually from Outlook to a contacts record when the email is about them but is to or from someone else. When its attached mannually there is no indication in the history record about who it went to or came from (for example their email address). Example, I send an email to a lawyer about a client (contact) - the email is attached to the client's records manually but there is nothing in the history record to indicate that the email was sent to the lawyer (unless I open the email). I currently alter the history record for the email to show the source or target (eg the lawyer).