Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act add on

Act add on

I have been using ACT 6.0 for a long time with a program called e-scribe from fortuneflow. Very effectice program however I am now having support problems. The program reads lead info in Outlook and imports it into my ACT quite seamlessly. Any other similar programs?

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act add on

Yes, the present version of the ACT! program provides synchronization with Outlook.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

What about ACT 2010 ?

Bronze Contributor

I don't remember e-scribe.  Did it read the contents and signature line from an incoming email and create a new contact in ACT! with as much information as it could parse?  Like Name, Title, Address, Company and so on?  If so, no version of ACT! does that.  At best, ACT! can create a new contact record from an e-mail that just has the contact's name and email address - nothing more.  You could look at Address Grabber from eGrabber - it can parse a signature line from an incoming email and create a new contact record with all of the fields that it can recognize (title, company, phone, fax, email, address)

Signature

Yes, with e-scribe, you deteermine which fields you want it to read and where in ACT you want that info to populate to. It also checked for dups etc. Very cool program to bridge from Outlook to ACT. Thanks

Bronze Contributor

Based on your description, you should take a look at Address Grabber - sounds very similar.

Signature
Platinum Elite Contributor

The contact sync with Outlook would require ACT! 2012.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Bronze Contributor

I don't believe he's asking for Outlook Contact to ACT! Contact sync.  I believe he is asking for Outlook email parsing to ACT! Contact import - one way - as AddressGrabber does.

Signature

This is correct, email to ACT, I will look at egrabber, thanks