Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6.x synching todo items with iPhone ?

Act 6.x synching todo items with iPhone ?

Running Act 6.x on XP synching with iPhone 4S via Companionlink.  Calendars and contacts synch pretty well.

Not sure where/how to synch the Todo items ?

Anybody doing this ?

Right now, I can synch the todos to untimed calendar items - but these are a little cumbersome.

Thanks !

Re: Act 6.x synching todo items with iPhone ?

HI,

I am running Act 6.x (Act 2000) on XP on a mac with parrallels, trying to sync with a Iphone 4S. I was wondering if you are running on a mac with parrallels or pc, as I would like to to know if I can sync with the iphone. I think I will have to sync with address book first on the mac but looking for someone doing the same thing to see what the best way to sync is.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

jb

I'm running Act on XP Windows, no Mac involved.   Companionlink ( http://www.companionnk.com ) takes contact, calendar, and todos and sends to a google account.  Then you create an Exchange account on the iPhone and synch with the google account.  Calendar and contact info synch well.

Todo from Act are translated to timeless calendar events on google and subsequently same on iPhone.   Contact me offline if you have specific questions.

I'd like my todos to be more usable on the iPhone than timeless calendar events.   There's a pile of iphone todo apps (Astrid, Taskos, Gtasks, etc).

I am trying to find someone who has ported Act todos to iPhone - which app works, preserves fields, etc.

Thanks !

Platinum Elite Contributor

Handheld Contact gives a much more ACT!-like interface on the iPhone ... but no-longer support ACT! 5/6

http://bit.ly/actmobile

There was a time that I would have jumped to using companionlink or something like it. Now, I use my iPhone to RDP, remote desktop, to my computer & access it as if I was there. With always on Internet access, I can also browse other programs besides ACT. Works well enough for me.