Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6 and Word 2003 driver

Act 6 and Word 2003 driver

I have installed Act 6.on Windows 7 pro using the XP mode and no problem with the installation.  My problem is I cannot write a document from my many templates.   I upgraded the build to 6.0.3.979, (Act603Update)  I installed the hotfix for Word2003.  I even compared the files on my old computer (XP pro) to the new one (Windows 7 pro XP mode)) and everything seems the same.  The message I keep getting is "Act could not open your word processor.  This may be a result of inadequate security permissions in Windows Word 2003.  The word processor driver is not running."  I have read everyting I could find on the Internet and tried them all.  I do have admin permission on my computer.  I would appreciate any advice you can offer.  By the way I did uninstall and reinstall ACT.

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6 and Word 2003 driver

I have no idea if it can even be made to work. The link from ACT! 6 to Word was via a chain of registry links, any one of which could be the cause of your failure. There were several knowledgebase documents related to problems connecting ACT! 6 to Word and you might try those. The ACT! 6 connection to Word was basically a hack that used the document to launch the Word application with a Word macro file that actually made the connection to the ACT! database.

My personal suggestion would be to not waste you time any further and upgrade to the present version of the ACT! program.

Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Re: Act 6 and Word 2003 driver

Thank you for your suggestion, however I tried updating to a newer version of ACT a couple of years ago and it was a complete disaster.  I hated it and some of the functions that I use were not even available. I actually have a working copy on my old laptop, but it is XP Pro not Windows 7 Pro.  That is the only difference.  I believe there are people out there who have had success with using ACT 6 on Windows 7 Pro.  Everything works except the ability to write a document.