Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6 With Eudora Problem

Act 6 With Eudora Problem

Hi

For years I have been using Act 6 and Eudora 7 as the related e-mail. I've had very few problems with this combination till today! Today, when I opened Act and clicked on the e-mail button, it appeared all was going well (hard disk working away Eudora being opened remotely by Act) but the Inbox of Eudora never opened in Act Mail. In fact, Act Mail froze and my Task manager indicated 100% of system resources being used. If I kill Act Mail then I can use Eudora independently but the two refuse to work together.

As a test, I changed the Act e-mail preferences to use just Internet Mail instead of Eudora and this worked well. However, I really do need to have Eudora and Act working together, mainly because of the excellent filtering features of Eudora and the fact that I can check more than one e-mail account at the same time. 

This never happened before. Can anyone throw light on this problem.

Thanks in advance.

John.
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6 With Eudora Problem

Thanks for the help.

Actually I solved the problem by re-installing both Act and Eudora. In fact, Act Mail with Eudora has never run so fast before. The versions I have are Act 6 and Eudora 7. I have been using Eudora with Act since Act 4 and Eudora 2 (I think) -- in other words for about ten years!

The reason I use Eudora with Act instead of the integrated Internet Mail or some other external mail client simply is because of the filtering ability of Eudora. I have filters set to copy to special folders, any mails that are related to say "Remittances", and "Booking Confirmations" and "Invoices", so that I can quickly scan such mails going back as far as I like with ease. Eudora also has a very efficient search facility allowing you to search any mail going back as far as you like in any folder in Eudora which contains any word(s) you choose in any part of the mail.

Thanks again for the help.

John.

johnspencer wrote:
Thanks for the help.
The reason I use Eudora with Act instead of the integrated Internet Mail or some other external mail client simply is because of the filtering ability of Eudora. I have filters set to copy to special folders, any mails that are related to say "Remittances", and "Booking Confirmations" and "Invoices", so that I can quickly scan such mails going back as far as I like with ease. Eudora also has a very efficient search facility allowing you to search any mail going back as far as you like in any folder in Eudora which contains any word(s) you choose in any part of the mail.

I use Outlook and the Windows Desktop Search for the same function

I'm using ACT 6 with Outlook (2000). I get an error that I have run out of memory if I use mail merge to generate more than about 150 emails.

I have ACT 2008 10.0 but have not installed. My question: In either version, do you think Eudora would allow me to generate as many as 1,000 emails at once with no problems?

Or is there some other solution such as Internet email that might work better?

Joel Blackwell
The Grass Roots Guy
http://www.KeepOnVoting.com
2020 Pennsylvania Ave NW #929
Washington DC 20006

That volume of emails at one time will fully deplete the systems resources, regardless of the version of ACT! you are using. You need to use an addon such as SwiftPage Email to work with that volume of emails.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

grassrootsguy wrote:

I'm using ACT 6 with Outlook (2000). I get an error that I have run out of memory if I use mail merge to generate more than about 150 emails.

I have ACT 2008 10.0 but have not installed. My question: In either version, do you think Eudora would allow me to generate as many as 1,000 emails at once with no problems?

Or is there some other solution such as Internet email that might work better?

We used to do up to 15,000 emails from ACT! 6.0 with MergeMaster!