Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6 - Transfering Database from Desktop to Laptop

Act 6 - Transfering Database from Desktop to Laptop

I recently transferred my Act database from my desktop to my laptop and when I try to access email it says "Database Locked by [me]".  I cant seem to find a way to unlock the database and access email.  Any suggestions?
Bronze Contributor

Re: Act 6 - Transfering Database from Desktop to Laptop

When the database is open go to file, administration and you should be able to unlock it from there. failing this close the database and go tothe folder where the database is stored. Look for the file with the .lck ending and delete this file. You should be able to open without the lock on it then
Paul Buchtmann
pbuchtmann@ozemail.com.au Australia
Australia's First ACT Consultant (1989)

FREE Record History to change default to Call or To-Do for ACT! 2010-2012 versions. Custom versions also available.

Thanks but neither of those suggestions worked.  I think I need to be more explicit in my request.  First of all I only the get the message when I hit the Email button.  Then it says "This database is in use or locked by [me].  Please try again later."  I have tried setting up different email accounts and setting up brand new databases, neither of which has helped.  I am pulling my hair out here. 
Platinum Elite Contributor

Then try deleting the database files with the extensions HK5, ABC and ABU.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129