Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act! 6 Outlook Addressbook integration issues

Act! 6 Outlook Addressbook integration issues

[ Edited ]

Hi!

I have been using Act! 6.0 with Outlook 2003 for a couple of years now (never felt the need for upgrading to a later version as 6.0 sufficed for my requirements). I depend heavily on Outlook-Act integration for my daily business and contact management - from email integration, calendar management and notes etc.

So far, this has worked fine with the occasional fixable hiccups. But for the past few weeks I am having serious problems. The addressbook is no longer in sync ie. when I lookup an email address in outlook (from the Act database) sometimesit doesnt find an entry even though it is accessible from Act!, or it shows up an outdated address. This happens for new contacts as well as those that have been in there since lasy tear as well ! I have tried many things, including clearing the ab(x) files but with no success. The ony way I can make it work sort of is by locating the required contact in Act!, changing the email address and then changing it back again. Then sometimes it works. But I cannot do this for all contacts since I have about 13,000 contacts in there.

I have also tried exporting it to an txt file and then searchng for an entry greater than 1024 characters based on an article from the Act KB site - but no luck....

My Outlook 2003 pst file is about 9gb in size, though that shouldnt affect this issue...

I would be very grateful if someone may have some suggestions or advice on this desparate problem !

thanks!!

Message Edited by kujain on 10-18-2008 01:51 PM
Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act! 6 Outlook Addressbook integration issues

First I'd try deleting the ABC and ABU files... ACT! will recreate them when it next starts.

If that doesn't help, some of the older consultant would have a utility that would fix email addresses that are corrupt in the ACT! 6.0 database. You could ask them to run it on your database and see how it goes. They shouldn't charge to much... I know we wouldn't.

Thanks for your quick reply Mike!

Unfortunately I have tried the deletion of the abc and abu files a few times - hasnt helped. I have also tried the export and search for corrput content (> 1024 chars). Didnt find anything. If you have any suggestions based on your experience, I would really really appreciate it !!

Thanks!!

The you'll need someone who knows how to check and repair the EDB file.

You could contact a local ACT! Certified Consultant... but, as not all of them have the skills with the older versions, if you can't find one local to you, let me know

Thanks again for your advice and help Mike!

If you have any recommendations for a good consultant in the New York City area, please do let me know...

I won't even know how to begin looking for a dependable one Smiley Happy

Thanks !

From the list www.act.com/acc - I can personally Yacov, Elaine, Rich and Dave.

But not sure how many have done EDB repairs, or still have the ACT! 6.0 tools to do it - so you should ask that first.

If none, do, contact me off-line as I still have all the tools for that