Community
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6 Crashing - any ideas?

Act 6 Crashing - any ideas?

Hi All

We've had a couple of machines on our network receive this error over the past few days.

Faulting application act.exe, version 6.0.0.679, faulting module cb.dal, version 6.0.0.679, fault address 0x00037961.

Any idea what might be causing it?

Thanks in advance

Anthony

Platinum Elite Contributor

Re: Act 6 Crashing - any ideas?

Does the error  happen all the time of only occasionally? What are they doing when they get the error? The CB.DAL is the codebase data abstract layer and is the main interface between the ACT! human interface and the actual database engine. This could be a damaged program file or it could be a database problem. Do they get the same error with the ACT! demo database?
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

Hi There

This problem is intermittent. It does not seem to happen on other machines using the same database. So that would suggest it's not a database problem eh?

I hadn't considered a problem with the Act Installation itself - perhaps I'll give a reinstall a try.

Thanks

Platinum Elite Contributor

Actually no. What is does indicate that it is likely a problem with the individual user accounts. Whether the problem is with the database, the individual act installs or a system problem, what is needed is to try and identify the sequence of operations that proceed the crash and then see if the problem is repeatable using that same operation sequence. In my experience, the program installation was seldom the problem.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129