Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Act 6 6.03 and Outlook 2003

Accepted Solution Solved
Copper Contributor
Accepted Solution

Act 6 6.03 and Outlook 2003

I am a long time user and everything works perfect and just want to know the answer to 1 question.

When I send an email through Act it gets sent through Outlook and gets recorded in Act Notes/History.

However, when the customer replies to my email it goes to Outlook and when I reply with Outlook it doesn't get recorded in Notes/History.  Is there a setting to make it show up in Notes/History?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Accepted by topic author RickyL
‎09-25-2015 03:20 AM
Copper Contributor

Re: Act 6 6.03 and Outlook 2003

Outlook is set up as my email within Act.

When I send a new email from Act it does get recorded in notes/history as it's supposed to.

When the Act contact replies it goes to Outlook and doesn't show up in Act in notes/history.

When I reply to the Act contact using Outlook it doesn't show up in Act in notes/history.  I have tried clearing the "To" field and finding the contact in the ACT Address Book within Outlook, but still doesn't get recorded in notes/history.

My question is this.  Is there anyway to have my replies show up in Act in notes/history?

Thanks

View solution in original post

All Replies
Platinum Elite Contributor

Not with ACT! 6 but it can be done with ACT! 11.
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129
Copper Contributor

Are there any 3rd party vendors who provide software that can make it happen?

None that I know of. Also, many of the addon products for ACT! 6 have been withdrawn from the market and I don't know of any developers still making new addon products for ACT! 6. 
Roy Laudenslager
ACT! Certified Consultant
ACT! Report Expert
Durkin Impact Report Designer
www.techbenders.com
royel@techbenders.com
541-343-8129

The only way it can happen with ACT! 6.0 is if you wipe the To: box and re-select the contact from the address book.
Copper Contributor

Mike,

Thanks for the post, but I just tried it out and it didn't work as the reply I sent didn't show up in Act Notes/History.  Is there something else I need to do?

You have the ACT! 6.0 address book in Outlook?

You opened the email to Reply, remove the contact in the To: field and clicked the button to select a name from the address book?
This should be the same as sending a new email to the contact - does that work?

Copper Contributor

Yes, it's set up correctly I believe.

I've tried replying to and sending a new email to one of my Act contacts and nothing gets put in their record.

In Outlook under Personal Folders I don't see the Act address book.  However when I click to send a new email and I click "To" I get the choice to use my Act or Outlook address book.

Could this by why the emails aren't showing up in Act?  If it is, how do I correct this issue?

Thanks

Emails don't get attached when sending a new email from Outlook using the ACT! address book?

You don't have ACT! as an option to select when you click To" ?

Let me know which

Copper Contributor

Act is not an option when I click "To"  The only option is to use my Outlook or Act address book

What do I need to do so Act is an option and I assume this is different than choosing the Act address book?

Thanks